Friday, May 13, 2011

Introduction- Let me bare my sole


I have always been a firm believer in the fact that the perfect pair of shoes can fix any outfit. Through the years, my shoes have always seen me through the best and worst of  times. No matter what was going on in my sometimes crazy life, you can never say I had on ugly shoes.

Yes that is somewhat shallow but its real. It's how I think. I'm just hardwired to believe that your shoes play a part in your appearance. I notice when others have on really nice shoes (and even when they don't), so why shouldn't I believe that others take notice of mine? I even have a sort of shoe protecal that I follow:

1.  I never dress my shoes around my outfit, but instead dress my outfit around my shoes.
&
2. No matter how much my feet ached and my calves hurt from dancing all night, I remained a lady and refused to take them off until I was home 
Oh and number three..... I might have to try this to see if it's true but its something I've heard my older Aunts say
3. Never wear a satin dress and patent leather shoes

My shoes have been dependable. No matter how much weight I’ve gained, my shoes have remained steadfast & always a prefect fit.  One of the best friends I’ve had on the days I found myself staring at a seemingly empty closet and seeing nothing to wear.

I like to be surrounded by beauty and what is more beautiful than a gorgeously arched, platform pump?I like to glance up from reading before bed and see all my investments displayed nicely around me.I get how I must sound....superficial....but let me prove to you that I am deep person. I'm not just my shoes although they are like an armor of sorts in the fact that I feel complete when I am in them. 

Through my shoes, I am expressing myself, how I wanted to be perceived in any given moment. From my prom shoes that my father seemed to find outrageous. HA HA,  I couldn't wait say I had the same pair of shoes I saw on Carmen Electra in a magazine, to my wedding shoes, which I vowed would be a simple classic Mary Jane. At Prom I wanted to be sexy and outrageous, on my wedding day I wanted to be simply beautiful, tasteful, and I have to admit the shoes said it all.

            To me, with the right pair of shoes, you can never go wrong. Styles and color schemes change yet they still do what they are meant to do every time you slip them on. They change how your legs look, they change how you feel wearing them. In a perfect world, your only worry in life should be…….which pair should I wear today?

No comments:

Post a Comment