Monday, May 16, 2011

Heel Condoms- my official take

I’ve officially found my next splurge. Being a self professed shoe whore, this goes beyond all my instincts that pull my heart strings to my favorite shoe stores but I have to admit... I am deeply intrigued.
I love to accessorize. A cute belt, large earrings, a colorful clutch and most often than not, with a striking pair of shoes.
How appropriate that the shoe whore in me has been drawn completely to the concept of a “shoe condom”, and yes dolls, the name of the product is just that. A simple idea that is anything but simple. The design simply slips over the heel of your highest shoes and stays in place with a sweet little elastic strap. Not only does it protect (as the name suggests) but all of a sudden your best accessory has been accessorized!
I have to admit it totally takes the fun out of shoe shopping and heaven forbid what will my family buy for me on holidays….and my birthday? But the awesome appeal of been versatile with the animal prints, feathers and oversized bows more than make up for the shopping I might be doing less and less of. HA HA, Imagine me explaining to friends that  instead of shopping online for shoes, I was actually shopping online for condoms? As crass as it is to say, this is one “condom” that can actually be used over and over and on many different shoes.
I actually like the idea of making my worn outdated heels stylish and use worthy again. It also helps give the illusion of owning more shoes than you actually do and for me that is always a plus.
I am ordering my first pair today and with all the choices presented I may end up with more than a few pairs. I have some beige suede pumps that “someone’s” dog  happened to use as a chew toy last year. They have been sitting in their box, patiently waiting for me to bring them into a shoe repair shop. This might just save me a trip.




At $20 a pop, heel condoms are surely affordable and probably cost more than having the heel repaired but really where is the fun in that?
I am excited about what the future holds for me in my heel condoms, look forward to finding out if I will receive many compliments on them or if I will feel totally false and artificial…. And most of all I wonder if my shoe whoring days will be over?
I doubt it
Stayed tuned....I plan to post pictures of the ones I ordered as soon as the package arrives :)

3 comments:

  1. Great post.. thanks for following my site (Now following you as well)

    Tammy
    http://afendibagandabadattitude.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So the heel condoms are in. I am going to post about them tonight...stay tuned

    ReplyDelete