Friday, May 13, 2011

Birthday Shoes

If I could get away with wearing anything my little heart desired, trust me I would. I’m a bit more cautious lately, although I've always made my own style as I went along. Just recently I celebrated a birthday. I struggled for the perfect outfit to wear.

Let’s be clear first, I am all for the short satin dress. I find it to be a necessity for a special event but I wasn't feeling right about wearing a hot pink sweetheart dress I had purchased months ago & characteristically, never worn.

I couldn’t tell you exactly why I felt so odd about wearing it except there was something about turning 32 that made me feel maybe being head to toe in hot pink isn't the look I should be going for...

I am still young in the grand scheme of things but let's face it I am no spring chicken.  I thought I could toughen up the pink sweetness of my dress with a leather corset belt that I got from torrid. It seemed to do the trick. I had also planned to wear my matching satin hot pink peep toe heels, as they too had been sitting in a box in the closet; unused. Yet, I put the box back as another shoe box caught my eye.

Weeks earlier, I had stumbled onto an online boutique called urbanog.com and was instantly hooked. I couldn't help but fill my online cart up with about 5 different pairs but as always the 30 something in me always seems to want to weigh what I wanted against what I needed. I pouted a little but concluded I didn't really need any new shoes (I had fifty pair already) but the site wasn't forgotten. I even went on FB and typed a clever little post stating I had found the holy grail of shoe stores and told everyone to check it.

A friend of mine did just that. Toughchick instantly emailed me asking me had I noticed the site was offering FREE SHIPPING on any order of $50 or more. I hadn't but I am such a sucker for free shipping, it's like spotting the words shoe sale across a crowded mall. Toughchick thought it would be a good idea to combine our choices to meet the $50 target. I thought why sure..... needs -vs- wants of course.

It was then that I came across some closed toe round pumps. They were a simple black and 5 inches high, but that wasn't what caught my eye.
It was the stud detail that covered the toe and heel sections. To an untrained eye it would appear as if nothing were in the middle section of the shoe because the material was of a clear plastic.

But yes it was the studs that got me, the studs said I am 32 and although I am no longer in my twenties and shouldn't be out here partying like I'm still in them, I was one bad ass bitch and wasn't going to be messed with.

This is exactly the way I feel as I am embarking on the second year in my thirties. I am now and will always be a rock star.....the studs say it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment